This is by far the closest protein smoothie I’ve ever created that resembles the consistency and taste of a frappucino from Starbucks. When those cravings kick in, I’m no longer tempted because I can just whip this up in minutes. Go make it now! I promise you’ll love it. And please, don’t be intimidated by my blender. This recipe doesn’t call for too much ice. If you have a simple blender you should be good to go!
- 2 servings of Arctic Zero Salted Caramel ( I find mine at Sprout’s but you can locate your nearest vendor here)
- 1/4 cup espresso (or Trader Joe’s Instant Coffee)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1 scoop On Performance Whey Isolate Protein Powder- Chocolate (Costco)
- Whip cream (optional)
- Organic Grade B maple syrup (optional)
- First make your espresso or instant coffee. You’ll need to cool the espresso in a freezer for 5 minutes. I usually make my espresso shot using Lavazza (I pick mine up at Cost Plus World Market) before making breakfast & then toss it in the freezer.
- Place the espresso, ice cream, and ice into the blender and mix until well blended.
- After you get a slushy consistency add the protein powder to the mixture. Pulse in 3 second intervals until blended. Do not mix more than 3 seconds at a time or it will get frothy.
- Pour into a cup and decorate with a small amount of whip cream & maple syrup if desired.
- Enjoy quickly if you want to keep the slushy consistency. However, it still tastes yummy when melted.
Calories 312/Protein 41/Carbs 35/Fat 2.5/Sugar 25/Fiber 4
COMPARE TO GRANDE STARBUCKS FRAPPUCCINO
Calories 410/Protein 5/Carbs 65/Fat 15/Sugar 61 g/Fiber 1
PICTURE TO HELP
$49.99 at Costco and $10 off when on sale (4.19 lbs)
Please let me know if you end up making this in the comments below or use #fatiguefightingrecipes on IG or FB! Enjoy!